Thursday, October 28, 2010

peanut butter eggs

As I ate the last one last night I remembered I never posted this.
I found a recipe for vegan peanut butter easter eggs awhile ago. I kept it up on my computer for so long which was torture. Last week we made them and it was super easy. The peanut butter mix is shapable like dough.  It would be a really good project to do with kids.


*1 cup Cheerio-like cereal
*3/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter, salted
*1/2 cup powdered sugar
*4 ounces of vegan chocolate (I used vegan chocolate chips)

Use a food processor to pulverize the cereal. Add peanut butter and powdered sugar and process until mixed and starting to form a ball. Make 24 small 3/4 inch round balls. Place on a plate and put in the freezer for 30 minutes or more. Melt chocolate in a double broiler. I used a smaller sauce pan in a big pot. Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Place a piece of wax paper on a cookie tray. Remove balls from the freezer and shape into eggs (or leave as balls). Drop eggs one at a time into the chocolate. Use a fork to lift the egg, allow to drip, scrape the bottom of the fork on the edge of the glass to remove excess, and carefully slide onto wax paper. When all eggs are dipped, put the tray in the freezer. If you have extra chocolate, you can redip eggs after they cool to make the chocolate thicker. Once chocolate has hardened, remove eggs from wax paper and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment