Tuesday, January 31, 2012

the saddest cry



Ellie cried a new cry the other day. It was the saddest cry I've ever heard and it was my fault. Her nose has been stuffy so I was trying to suction it. She was upset like normal but then couldn't calm down and cried this frantic sad cry. It took so long to calm her back down. I felt so awful.

from a couple of days ago. We were all taking pictures together then out of nowhere she was done!


I've watched kids from when I was 12 babysitting my neighbors, then working at daycares and finally working as a nanny. I've worked with so many different children and I've always been pretty confident about my choices with the kids. I rarely got upset when they cried. I mean of course I would feel bad if I had to tell them no or wipe their yucky nose or they got hurt but never to the point where it made me cry. I have more baby experience than the normal first time moms. BUT really it didn't matter. I question myself with things I do with her constantly. I always want to cry when she is upset because I feel so bad. It is so different when it is your baby. It's so funny now thinking about all the times I would talk with my nanny friends and we would joke around saying when I'm a parent I would never do that! Oh but here I am and my baby is barely 2 months and I give in right away to everything.


I'm sure once I get back to work and into a normal schedule it will be better...maybe. She will have to learn to share me with the other kids. Since we aren't planning on having any more babies I'm glad she will have Dorie and Henri to be with everyday or she might be a little spoiled.


I love this little baby so much and I just want the best for her! I never want her to be sad but I need to remember she will be fine because she has me and Dave and all of our families and friends that love her and will always be there for her.

we took a walk to the beach down the street on the day it was in the 50s

I'm sure this is just a big run on sentence and may not make sense but she's waking up now! That's about as good as blogging is going to get today Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

4 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful. I love the one of her crying.
    Ps. I never get upset when my babies cry. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry. . . a few years from now the majority of time she'll spend crying will drive you up a wall- because it will be tantrum and/or whining crying. I don't have a problem with other people's kids, but with my own it is like nails on a chalkboard.

    ReplyDelete