Thursday, January 3, 2013

traveling

I meant to schedule posts for while we were out of town but with a snowstorm that came into Boston on Saturday, we switched our flight for a day early to miss it. We woke up at 9am and by 11am decided to make the switch. We packed and cleaned the house before having to be at the airport by 3pm. We made it but ended up not being able to get some things done and also forgot some things we needed for our trip. Totally worth it since our flight was cancelled the next morning.
We flew to Chicago to spend time with my sister for a day then drove to Ohio to spend some time with my parents and brothers. We are in Ohio now and leave tomorrow for Chicago for a couple more days with my sister. It sounds pretty crazy but it was actually cheaper to do it this way and we get to see everyone. Like always I wish we had more time to see more friends. It is always such a hard balance of family and friend time when we visit. This will probably be the last time we come to my parents home before they move to Tennessee. I'm excited to spend time at their new home but I will miss 4 out of 6 members of my family living near each other.

It was starting to snow on our way into the airport.

Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

2 comments:

  1. It was great to see you, Dave, and see how big Ellie has gotten in real life. Love you and see you in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on switching flights! I can't imagine my family being split up like that. I feel like I would always miss out on seeing someone.

    ReplyDelete