Thursday, January 2, 2014

word of the year



My word of the year is list. I am so unorganized and my head is always so full. I struggle with finishing everything in the day. I struggle with remembering everything I need to do. My sister is the queen of making lists. When ever we have a problem, party, plans, anything, she pulls out her planner and makes a list. She is so organized!

I've been looking for printable lists to start my year with. Maybe once I get into the habit, I won't need it laid out for me. But for now I'm stealing everyone's shopping/cleaning/organizing lists. Not to keep on my phone but a physical piece of paper to hold and check off.

Here are some printable list I have found in my search.

monthly bill schedule from organizing home life

- actually organizing home life has a printable for just about anything you would need

vegan shopping list not printable but would be a good list for your fridge to check when things run out

meal planning list from the joy cottage

weekly chores list from my 3 monsters

january organizing calendar from making lemonade


I have my print outs and pen ready to go!


Linking up with A Grande Life for this idea on my word of the year!


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for including my calendar in your 'list'! I'm a BIG list maker, so that word resonates with me for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am in love with lists! I am the Queen!

    Also try Evernote (phone and iPad apps and for puter). And keep a pocket size moleskin journal handy. And a Star Wars daily planner. That's all you need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I need to have lists. I don't technically have a word of the year, but if I did it would be "success" - as in, I'm setting myself up for success in making my goals smaller and easier. That goes for health, fitness and family as well as professionally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with list making myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i make lists then lose said lists lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lists! The trick is to figure out what works for you. Right now, I keep all my lists in Nozbe and write them down weekly in my paper planner. I tried being completely electronic which didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make a lot of lists too but like Miranda I end up losing them. This year I resolve to hold onto my lists better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am obsessed with lists! I don't only make lists for occasions like parties, grocery shopping etc., I write a list with tasks every single day. From what I'm cooking for dinner to have a shower to water the plants. It sounds silly but I can't imagine myself making things done without my lists!

    ReplyDelete