Friday, February 21, 2014

I like food

We had major phone issues and I guess I forgot we also have a real camera. I lost some of the food pictures I took this week on my iphone. Anyway! We made and remade some tasty things this week..

 Cheesy Polenta Bake. We have made this one before but I don't think I blogged about it. Making this is the only time I've messed with polenta and I love it. This recipe is really fast and simple except for preparing the tofu feta. I made it before bed the night before. I want to make more of the tofu feta just to snack on. It is so good!

 We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day but Dave did order the Vegan Treats Valentine box. Oh man I love everything from Vegan Treats. I'm not sure what was my favorite in this box. Either the twix or pb cup.
 I lost the actual picture of the meal but we made Jerk Sloppy Joes with Coconut Cream Spinach. So good! I really wasn't sure of the spinach especially being on top of the sloppy joe but it really added to it and had a mild enough taste to not throw anything off. Elinor ate a ton. I thought it was a little spicy for her but she always surprises me. Also, right before dinner she decided to give herself tattoos to look like Dave's friend. This was the picture Dave sent to him.

Tofu Scramble for brinner. Dave had bought me a tofu press for my birthday awhile back. It is my favorite kitchen tool. I used to get really weird with tofu. If it wasn't firm enough or slimy, I wouldn't touch it. Even the packaged extra firm needs to be pressed for awhile for me. We always make our scramble different. This time we added cumin, thyme, black salt, tumeric, nutritional yeast, red peppers, onions and topped with avocados. I should probably pay attention to the amounts one of these times. We had a little bit of lightlife soy sausage left over that we fried up for a side.

We used to have pizza every Friday night but haven't in awhile. I could really go for one tonight! (pppssst Dave)

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. It all looks good! Question: for the tumeric in the tofu scramble, was it fresh? I've been searching for fresh tumeric for my juicer with no luck and would love to know where to find it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it wasn't. I actually bought a huge container from an indian market. Maybe they would have fresh tumeric there?

      Delete
  2. I have never made polenta at home but I love it. Putting it on my grocery list, stat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love polenta! All of the pictures look great! I've been trying to use tofu more, but neither my son, nor my husband like it! I have been making it for me for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - I love the tattoos! I remember using a bib like that, too. Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete