Thursday, October 14, 2010


It's Thursday and I'm just now getting around to posting about my weekend. Man I'm behind. I did have a lack of sleep and didn't get back till Wednesday. I'm still a little out of it.
We woke up at 3am on Friday morning to finish packing and getting ready before heading to the airport. Our flight was around 7 I think. Flying doesn't bother me in the least but I can never stay asleep for long on the plane. As soon as they come around with drinks I'm wide awake. Dave on the other hand passes out before we even take off and wakes up just as we are landing.
We got to Chicago a little before 8. Even though we were ready to go straight to the hotel to nap we couldn't. They didn't put the bass on our flight. They said they could bring it to our hotel after 2 but it wasn't for sure. So to be safe we waited for it to get to us on the next flight. It was about a hour and a half wait. We got tea and oatmeal from Starbucks and people watched. Finally it got there and we headed to the hotel.
All of the hotels were paid for by Scion and they were very nice. Every band member took one person with them and we each had our own rooms.

We took a nap for a couple hours then headed to The Chicago Diner. Of course we ate way too much including a vegan chocolate chip cookie dough shake. We got an extra meal to go to eat after the show since we knew we wouldn't want to go back out after. We also got just one cookie for later but they were out of the single ones. They let us buy a pack of 12 for the price of the single ones!

We had to be at the venue at 4 so we got back to the hotel loaded everything and everyone into cabs and headed to the show. On the way there Dave got a call saying the show is 21+. They do not play shows unless they are all ages so everyone was annoyed. I didn't go outside once we got there but I heard there were a bunch of younger kids in line but couldn't get in. Besides that the show was pretty good. Only 3 bands which I'm a fan of. I hate shows with more then 4 bands.

After the show we went back to the hotel, heated up our food and watched The Hangover. We went to sleep right away to be up and ready by 4am. The Chicago marathon was Sunday morning and the airport shuttle said to have us at the airport in time for our 9am flight they would have to pick us up by 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment