Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Language Bear

I was contacted recently to review a dual language children's book. Although I wish we do, we do not speak another language in our house. Dave knows some French(3 yrs worth of high school classes) and a little Dutch and I know...English. In a subscription box we receive for Elinor, there was a French DVD that she has been obsessed with so we decided to try out the French book for her.


Bosley Goes To The Beach is an adorable story about a bear's first trip to the beach. He is impressed and wants to be like all the incredible and unique creatures he meets along the way but realizes he is just as special as they are. It reminded me of one of my favorite books when I was little. I was surprised how well Elinor sat while I read it mostly in English while I tried a few French words. I had Dave read it to her all in French too. It was nice that there were options in English and in French for both of us to read. I'm sure the book will help me with learning new French words and phrases too.

There are a lot of options if you are interested in this book. It is available in Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese and Japanese. You also have the choice of a kindle version or paperback. After browsing through The Language Bear site, I realized there are more Bosley books. Bosley's First Words looks like a book Elinor would really like.

4 comments:

  1. Does a cd come with the book to help the adult reading the book to the child with the foreign language pronunciations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There isn't. I'm guessing since it is geared towards families that also speak the language it wouldn't be needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had 5 years of French. You can bring the book next time you come over :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had 5 years of French. You can bring the book next time you come over. We did like the French DVD of colors and numbers.

    ReplyDelete