Tuesday, June 3, 2014

and then someone hit my car


I was driving to yoga yesterday. The traffic was super stop and go like it usually is at 5pm. Everyone stops and I look in the rearview mirror. The car behind me is obviously not stopping. Yep, smashed right into me. I slammed on my breaks even more to not hit the car in front of me. I made it to class in time though!
This isn't the first time I've been rear ended on the highway. It was way worse last time. I'm so happy Elinor wasn't with me and the car was still able to drive. The back of the car is smashed and the door won't open but the lights are fine. The person that hit me was freaking out and I was the calm one. I kept saying as long as you have insurance, it's fine. I hope! I had to deal with insurance calls this morning. Dave is taking the car in for an estimate on Friday. Crossing my fingers that everything is covered.
I hope the person who hit me wasn't distracted but still drive carefully people! Put those phones down and don't worry about switching to a new artist on your ipods!

Carrie from Chockababy shared this link a few days ago. Check out ways you can avoid being distracted.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry this happened to you but so glad your daughter was not in the car! I bet doing yoga right away was actually helpful for your body to heal!

    Thanks for sharing my Distracted Driving post! It really is a scary thing how often I see people multi-tasking while driving. My mother-in-law was also hit this weekend. I hope you all feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, glad you're fine and your daughter wasn't with you. I agree, I hope the accident wasn't a result of distracted driving, but thankful that he has insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I am so sorry! How upsetting. Whenever this happens, it is so rattling and scary! So glad you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog Caitlin. I’m going to send you an email this week about a baby topic I’m researching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were rear ended so everything will be covered without worry. Sometimes your company will have you just go through them and they will go after the other company after so you can get stuff done faster. So glad elinor wasnt in the car! Since I've been hit I always get paranoid and stare at my rear view when in traffic always thinking they arnt going to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so stressful! accidents happen and i'm surprised not it doesn't happen more!

    ReplyDelete