Tuesday, November 1, 2011

baby shower

Lynn, Garvey and Pete came over early to the shower to set up. Lynn made some delicious cupcakes and snacks too. I thought we got a bunch of pictures but not so many and none of anyone who was there! oops. It was so much fun though. We are so grateful for such amazing friends.
me and Lynn setting up
 vegan bruschetta, apples and grapes and a vegan cream cheese dip I made (garvey arranged them so nicely!), Dave's world famous guacamole, veggies with hummus
 Lynn's cupcakes
 halloween jo jos
 dark chocolate pops
 food! Janelle made some awesome cookies too that I really need to get the recipe for!
 Dorie was a big helper opening and handing me gifts. She was so hilarious pretending to read the cards then handing them to me and getting excited for each gift. 
 Dorie "reading" a card to me and Lynn being a good hostess 
 one of Dave's favorite gifts we got. Thanks Tre and Amanda!
this week baby got her first package addresses to her! I was so excited about it

We got so many amazing gifts. We went into her room after everyone left and went through everything again and couldn't believe how good our friends are to us. Lynn even crocheted us a blanket. When she found out I was pregnant she started it. She is the best! 
I finished washing everything yesterday. I even put the bundleme in the carseat and put it by the door. I tried to pack a bag but it didn't work. I got baby's stuff together but when it comes to my stuff I don't know what I need. I've read the lists, I just don't want to put things I may need in the bag yet. At least we live pretty close to the hospital so Dave can always run home if I forget something. 
Today is the first day of November which means my birthday is so soon. This year I'm looking forward to getting my belated bday gift more then anything. Or if she decides to come early that's ok too!

5 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been there, but I was in FL for Ry's 3rd bday. I love you guys and can't wait to take pics when she gets here <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish you could have came! I hope Ry had an awesome bday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about the baby and I'm going to steal some of these pictures if I ever decide to update my blog haha.
    The fruit dip was really good and I probably could have drank it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. update Lynn! I wish we took more. I can't believe we didn't get any pictures with anyone that was there haha

    ReplyDelete