Sunday, May 5, 2013

moving on

I was thinking today that I might just give up on blogging. I've been so busy and having a hard time finding a free moment. But I love having this place to look through old pictures and even to see what we were doing last year this time or even a few years ago. Yes, I have all the pictures saved but here there is a story with the pictures.


 We are moving to Philadelphia in a month! We started thinking about moving a year ago and now it is almost time. I'm so excited and nervous. I love love love living here. I would love to raise Elinor here, where I know where all the parks, museums, farms, and everything kid friendly is, where we are down the street from the ocean! But I know the best thing to do for us is to be closer to family. We will find new mommy and nanny friends and eventually find all the fun places to go.


A few weeks ago is when the nerves started coming in. When I moved here, I was completely over where I was. It was only me and I was ready for anything. Now with our whole little family, making a move is scary. Even though Elinor is little, the move will matter to her. She won't have her little friends, we will be in a new house that she will have to get used to. I know she will adjust and we will find new little friends (it won't be the same as her Henri though!).


I have so much going on/running through my mind and I'm not sure how often I will be around here before we move. I hope to squeeze in all of our favorite things to do here in the next few weeks and maybe get some pictures along the way.


These pictures are from a few days ago at the beach. Some kids were playing in the water and I am SO surprised Elinor didn't try to. She just wanted to run in the grass and point to every dog. 

Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

6 comments:

  1. Aww. I hope you don't quit blogging. No matter how speratic, it's so fun to see your posts and your sweet girl. :)

    The move will be great. You will find new things to fall in love with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to keep up with it as much as I can

      Delete
  2. Moving. It's what we do. I'm on home number 24, city number 6.

    Closer to family is going to be the best. Elinor will love it.

    Boston will always be there for visits! Just like the old days!

    ps Where the hell is Hummarock?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new city will give you so many new adventures, and we know how Ellie loves that! Do keep blogging so that I can keep up with how you and Dave and Ellie are, unless it feels more like a chore than fun.

    Also, I think the best part about you moving is giving Ellie a whole new city of people that she can say hi to! -xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog! I understand the being busy part though. I'm so excited for you guys and your upcoming move, being close to family is definitely a good thing. We are really enjoying our adventure right now but now that are expecting it would be so nice to be closer. I know Joey misses everyone too. You three should plan a trip to Okinawa sometime! It would be awesome to show you all around! :) We love you! Kisses and hugs from Okinawa! :) BTW good luck with the move! I'm sure everything will fall into place nicely :)

    ReplyDelete